Browse Category to be included on Main Page
Are you still planning on adding this into the main page or replace the current "Browse by Categories" (Nav link) which points to "Category:Universe"? I assume we need to manually add any "Universe" level cats or sub-cats to the new table, is this correct?
- Yup, that's exactly the plan, and yeah, we'll have to add new top levels to it manually... I just didn't do it last night because I wasn't quite up to figuring out the rest of the front page... --Aerik Sylvan 08:15, 7 Apr 2005 (PDT)
I see that the text within in the table cells is aligned differently in IE and FF. IE = centered in the cell; FF = left aligned. FF shows only the border around the table, while IE shows each cell's border. This can be styled to look pretty much the same in both browsers. I suggest we add table style rules to one of the existing external style sheets (I requested a copy of them via email). The only other major difference I see is the text size is smaller in FF at "Normal" compared to IE at "Medium". I assume this is set this way in the wiki default design. Let me know what you think about all this and if you see any other differences.
<added later>I know we have this somewhere else, but I do think we should change "Animals" to something else. I think you suggested "Nature" or something.
--webseo 14:45, 9 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- New table looks good (without the rules). Still need to address the text alignment difference between IE and FF. I need to know what attributes can be added to the wiki coded tables before I can make suggestions on how to clean up the code. What reference are you using for the table code?
- <added later>I can not see the new "Browse Table" on the "Main Page" (without the rules) in IE. Any idea why?
- --webseo 07:45, 10 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- Oh, you mean what html attributes the wiki code allows... I just found that, where was it... hmmm... I know you can add inline style attributes, which is probably the compliant way to go, but you can't add a style tag. I think the cleanest way is to add a style wherever they live and then reference it (like you did with "center". I started looking around last night to figure out where the common css stuff lives, and tried adding a class (is that the right terminology?) for <td>, but id didnt' seem to work. I guess I just need to keep learning about CSS and experimenting.
- I think cached version of the main_page has to be flushed.. I'll experiment some on the devwiki. --Aerik Sylvan 09:59, 10 Apr 2005 (PDT)
Category Name changes or additions
Good going on adding the new "Universe" level categories. We still need to address the "Animals" one. Do we change it to "Nature" and then that would include everything flora and fauna?
<off topic>When does the Table of Contents "automagically" appear?</off topic>
--webseo 17:28, 15 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- Well done on change to Nature, but something very weird is happening for me. When I view the browse page in any browser, I see the updated categories. When I look at the Main Page in IE, I see the old version (refreshed page, shift+refreshed page, and cleared cache = old version); when I look at Main Page in FF, the new version shows up? What does it do on your end?
- Please answer the TOC question above, too.
- --webseo 14:04, 16 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- Um, I haven't quite got the caching thing figured out either. I have had to edit or "purge" (just learned about this) the main page after changing the browse page though... Purge is done by adding "action=purge" like this: www.wikidweb.com/index.php?title=Main_Page&action=purge. Or, you can actually edit something and save it...
- Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday - the TOC shows up for 4 or more sections, or you can force it by putting __TOC__ in the page somewhere (note those are double underscores) - like this
Table of contents
.--Aerik Sylvan 02:15, 17 Apr 2005 (PDT)
Need to add Category:Furniture
- Hi Harry - great idea, thanks! --Aerik Sylvan 21:25, 26 Sep 2005 (PDT)
Generic-pills24.com is a online Pharmacy which sales cheap viagra,levitra Online,generic cialis in US,UK,Urope and offers - 0.80 cent per pill with 20 pills free.